ShalPhotoAlbum is a html Photo Albm generator written in bash.
It also calls other program, written in C, wich uses the
which also uses the jpeglib.
This program takes a directory full of jpeg imags and creates a photo album
with thumbnails, indexes, and so on.
The format of the final album is fully configurable, including some styles
not usuals, It also can be expanded with some new album formats.
And after all, shalPhotoAlbum is multilanguage, it works in spanish and in english (reading the $LANG variable form the enviroment). Perhaps it's not fully translated but I hope the most important things are
(only the error messages aren't translated).
The gd lybary, unless you want to download the static compiled version, and
of course the gd-devel for compilating.
Rigth now there's only one package and one release, the 0.9. You can Download
Just type make and make install form root, it'll install the files in /usr/local/bin
The program you must call is shalPhotoAlbum, and this are the options:
The Options can be any of those in any order:
-help: Shows this help
-srcDir <dir>: Source Directory of Images (must be set)
-dstDir <dir>: Destination Directory where the album will be created [.]
-thTam <value>: Thumbnails' size
2: 320x240 (default option)
-resTam <value>: Resized images' size
2:1024x768 (default option)
-albumType <type> <options>
shal: Options: Photos in Page  & separator lines 
normal: Options: columns  & rows 
-border <tam>: Border's size of tables
-showIndex top|bottom|both|none list|link
top: Only at top of page
bottom: Only at bottom of page (default)
both: top & bottom
none: Neither top nor bottom
list: Index is a list of pages (default)
link: Index is a link to previous & next page
yes: Show links in each photo page (default)
no: Don't show
yes: Show description in each album page
no: Don't show (default)
Here you have a pair of examples of shalPhotoAlbum.
I prefear examples better than screenshots, so you can see what shalPhotoAlbum
does exactly ;-)
As you can see this 2 albums are very differents, and are just two examples of
the posibilities of shalPhotoAlbum, becouse the huge number of parameters.
This album has been generated with the default options; that are:
-albumType shal 8 1
-showIndex bottom list
This example is generated with a lot of non default options, that are:
-albumType normal 3 5
-showIndex both link
- What the name shalPhotoAlbum means?
- It means that is a PhotoAlbum program made by shalafi (that's me)
- I've got a great idea based in shalPhotoAlbum!
- Ok, tell me if you want, or do it by yourself, but remember that shalPhotoAlbum is GPL
- Why shalPhotoAlbum is GPL?
- Because it's one of my contributions to the Free Software Community, which had provided me lots of usefull programs
- Why have you written shalPhotoAlbum?
- Because the photo albums that exist rigth now are in php and I don't want all of that functions, and the others doesn't liked me. The album fotmat I like is not supported by any of them (the ones I've tried)
There are some thing I've planned, but I'll do them when I have some time.
- This page also in Spanish
- A GUI for choosing all the options in a more confortable way (thinking about qt or tcl/tk).
- More album formats (suggestions are welcome)
- Select between images/text in the liks to previous, home and index.
- A man page for shalPhotoAlbum.
- Several packages, such rpm, static compiled, etc.
Contact me throug the way you prefeer for feedback about shalPhotoAlbum:
Here you have, other proyects I have made (or making now)